1. Do you specialize in certain styles of food service?
We pride ourselves on extensive menu experience and innovative thinking when it comes to food and presentation. Our broad menu repertoire focuses on seasonal, local and fresh made from scratch cuisine. With these thoughts in mind, here are the following styles we offer:
- Heavy Hors d’oeuvres – Guests eat when they want
- Stations – Guests eat from multiple areas when they want
- Buffet – Guests all eat at the same time
- Plated and Served – 1 to 3 courses served to guest at a specific time
- Family Style – all menu items brought to guest table for self service
- Themed Menus
- Vegan/ Vegetarian/ Gluten Free alternatives
Yes! Tastings are held at our office location, 5511 Lakeside Avenue, Richmond, VA 23228. Tastings are $75.00 for two guests, non-creditable to the reception, with a $35.00 charge per each additional guest, with a maximum of 4 guests total. This tasting price includes guests’ choice of 5 menu items to taste from the event proposal, with additional items billed at market price. Tastings are held Monday-Saturday, 11am-3pm, or at A Sharper Palate's discretion.
2. Are we able to come in for a tasting?
As event planners, we try to work with a client from beginning to end but sometimes circumstances arise that prevent us from being there for that specific event. When this occurs we go over every detail with the designated lead person to ensure they have the same vision and understanding. We also try to introduce the lead person in advance when possible.
3. Will the event planner i work with be on site at my event?
We do schedule more than one event in a day. We ensure that all of our events receive the utmost attention to detail and thorough planning and execution.
4. Do you have other events on the same day as my event?
When we have our personal consultation we ask every question from what are the colors in your home to the favors you are giving away at the end of the evening. These answers guide us to the overall look and feel you are hoping to achieve from your event. We use these resources to make our presentation flow well with your desires. Our Facebook page has wonderful examples of all of the different styles we can provide.
5. How will you present or display the food?
We do not include gratuity in our estimates. We feel like gratuity should be based on a job well done and never assumed. It is always appreciated for a well-received event and can be provided the night of or added onto your invoice upon request. Gratuity is always evenly distributed amongst all staff members; it truly takes the entire team to make a successful party.
6. Is gratuity included in your estimate?
We provide these services at no charge.
7. Do you charge cake cutting or corking fees?
Upon Contract Signing – $500.00 (this reserves your date on our calendar)
3 months after Contract Date or 1 month prior to event – 50% of balance is due
2 weeks before event date – Remaining balance is due
8. Do you require a deposit? What are your contract terms?
We provide assortments of rentals, linens, and lighting options and we have great relationships with vendors who specialize in these items as well. So even if it is not something we do directly, we will coordinate to make it happen.
9. Do you provide lighting, rentals, linens?
We package up any left over food for you in disposable containers to take with you or place in your refrigerator. We are not responsible for the quality or safety of any foods beyond the time span of the function.